My son is 5 weeks old, on the middle of the night he'll start crying for no reason (he is not hungry). What can I do?

I give him Mylicon.

odonis

Asked by odonis at 8:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try reading to him to a little while, or playing soft music for him. That use to work for me when my son was that age
    Sassy365

Answer by Sassy365 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If you've ever seen those night lights that project things onto the ceiling while they play music.....THEY ARE GREAT for calming them. Wal-mart or just about anyone has them.
    cgirlcinch

Answer by cgirlcinch at 9:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• He could possibly be hungry at that age they eat about every 3 hours...if he does not want to eat and still crying he might have ear infection making it painful for him to eat while laying down.My suggestion would be check with your doc..my kids get ear infections and usually no fever.
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• my son had to eat every two hours, try to feed again, or see if he has gas, sometimes a burp will come out hours after feeding.
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Try nursing him.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 11:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• If you're sure that he isn't wet, gassy, or hungry, maybe he just missed the mommy-touch! Sometimes my son STILL does that (6 mths old) & it ends up that he just wanted to be held for a few minutes. I walk around the house (yes, in the dark, which explains some of the bruises on my shins! lol) and sing to him, and he usually goes right back to sleep.
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 11:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• try birping in different positions and if that doesn't work try little tummies it works great or try swaddling tight...of course it may just be he needs to be close to mommy
    cara125

Answer by cara125 at 2:54 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Hey--do you think he could be lactose intolerant? Finn was, and it took us a while to figure it out. I had to cut all dairy from MY diet while I was breastfeeding, and the formula we bought had to be the lactose free. Just an idea, since I went through that. He would wake up crying his little eyes out until we figured it out!
    Punkmom13

Answer by Punkmom13 at 5:25 PM on Jul. 16, 2008