out of control 12 year old. !

she's my sister by the way i'm 22 and stayed with them for christmas. she's always swearing and always shouting. if you sit her down she hits out. her father doesn't do anything except shout also, and won't listen to anything that i say since he just shouts "no i'm the man i don't have to listen to you, don't you dare try and control me". and he's got a massive temper so you don't want to wind him up. and the mother is barely ever home and when she is she's inconsistent and has the same attitude as the father when you tell her the truth about the house. i've used the mother/the father because i am so disgusted i don't even want to call them mine. any advice on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• boot camp before he ends up in jail or hurts someone
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 2:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Uhh, the parents need to change who they are first. Your sister is out of control thanks to them. I don't know what you can do personally about it, maybe talk to your mother. If there's hitting involved, call CPS. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• There's not much you can do, you don't raise this little girl do you? If her parents don't want to raise her right, then they're the ones screwing her up, not you. You can't do anything unless she lives with you and it doesn't sound like she does.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I wonder how come you turn out just fine. You can't really teach someone's child esp. the out of control one. I will stay out of it.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Get away from them as fast as possible.
    JoMomtoCandJ2

Answer by JoMomtoCandJ2 at 12:08 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• she is turning into a teen and if she has had her period already then there is some pmsing so thats part of the probelem that pills can fix also talk to her get her counceling if you feel she needs it be there for her she is your sister and tell the parents the same
    MariaF.

Answer by MariaF. at 2:15 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• SPend time with her. Show her you care and you are there for her. Role model better ways of dealing with her anger. Talk to her as only a sister can.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Unfortunately there is nothing you can really do. This is where the parents should step in and try to control the situation. From what I read though they are just as bad. Give it time the Social Services will step in and put a stop to it. If you want call in and make the complaint yourself. Something needs to be done or she will end up a delinquent at an early age or lost in the system. Good Luck! I don't really forsee any easy anwers here.
    perfectkitten

Answer by perfectkitten at 7:00 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It is unfortunate and it seems she has learned her behaviors at home. They all need help and need to be treated as a family. I hope all are willing to get help, they just need a healthy outlet.
    kris_orchid

Answer by kris_orchid at 1:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sounds like the 3 of them deserve each other. It's a shame she's growing up like that but it's too late for her to change unless she wants to.
    surobb

Answer by surobb at 2:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2008