dropping question

For a long time that baby could be felt kicking mostly above my belly button. Now for the past 2 days the kicks are really low in my abdomen and I dont feel them above my belly button anymore. Could she just be laying differently or has she started to drop? I think its way to soon for her to drop but I dont know, this is my first pregnancy. I am 30 weeks along.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• umm i doubt the baby has dropped yet the baby probly just found a new position
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• baby prolly just moved. or maube your feeling an elbow instead of a foot
    GwenythsMom

Answer by GwenythsMom at 2:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Baby definitely moved. When your baby drops trust me you will know! You will be able to breathe a little more, which isn't true all the time, the baby is going to stop moving as much not like a major something is wrong difference but there won't be as much room to move in there. Atleast you are close though good luck.
    brolyx429

Answer by brolyx429 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Thanks everyone. I kinda figured she just moved but was unsure, like I said, this is my first pregnancy and everything is so new to me.
    Anonymous

• I would assume they have just found a new position to be in... trrust me, I had a lot of concerns about why my son hasn't dropped since the time he was supposed to be dropping, and what really freaked me out is that I had to be in the hospital for pancreatitis and when the nurse went to do the heart beat she asked me if he was breach. she should not have asked that because i was already in a paniced state and asking that didnot make me any calmer... i asked my doctor about it at the next appointment and he said because i am so short i am going to look like he hasn't dropped, but he is right where he should be. (i am 38 weeks a long)
    michele.webb

Answer by michele.webb at 4:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• its too early for the baby to drop usually happens aabout 36 weeks or so, baby just fiund a new position for now, when it does finally drop you will feel like you are breathing alot easier nad can eat a little more. i felt 100 times better after mine dropped oh and yoyu may waddle more
    babyzawojskyj08

Answer by babyzawojskyj08 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Lovely...I already do a little waddling...cant imagine doing it more.
    Anonymous

• lol...you will for sure waddle more. Mine dropped a little late (37 weeks) and I feel like I've got a head under my pubic bone...but it is true, at least I'm not struggling to breathe and eat anymore!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Baby's position shouldn't matter too much, but for curiosity's sake, you might try Belly Mapping.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I noticed that I dropped by the way my stomach looked. I carried my son high, and then one day I looked down and he was several inches lower...
    1sttimemom512

Answer by 1sttimemom512 at 6:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008