Any ideas for a unisex, kids' bathroom?

I'm having a hard time trying to find a theme for my kids' bathroom. They are.....
9 yr. old girl
8 yr. old boy
6 yr. old boy
5 yr. old boy
4 yr. old girl
Girls like girly things, boys like boy things. I would like anything other than a beach theme. (seems to obvious & common). Thank you. ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME!!!!!!

darmika

Asked by darmika at 2:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• how about something with geometric shapes/or/circles? they're fun, can be as colorful as you choose, and not gender/age-specific. if you have wall space, try adding extra towel bars, and identifying them with personalization for each kid, or perhaps two kids/bar. of course, you've got an odd #...find out what each one's fave color is, and them paint the background wallcolor a neutral/lighter color of one fave..just be creative with colors. what character-theme is fine today, won't be in a few years, considering your oldest will be preteen by them.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Rubber duckies?
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 3:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• We had the same problem..... I went with "frogs". At Wal-Mart they had this whole line of frog stuff for the bathroom, its actually very cute. They also had ducks and there is always fish. My daughter sees all the cute 'girly' stuff and wishes that we could do the bathroom in it, but my son won't go for it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 3:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I just did rubber duckies in the kid's bathroom. It seems to work for all of them.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008