• In the Spotlight:

Cramps, 30 weeks pregnant. help?

Okay so I went grocery shopping today and after we loaded up the car, I was having some bad cramps (like period cramps) on one side. When I got home, I laid directly on the couch, put my feet up and called my nurse. She asked if it still hurt and I said "I havent gotten up from laying down since I got home, when I lay down, it doesn't hurt" she asked if the baby was moving and I told her that he was kicking like crazy (which he was and still is, like usual) And she said I should go to the OB triage just to make sure im not going into pre-term labor. WELL It's hubby's bday and I ordered him a cake and I am bringing it to the firestation (firefighter) in 3 hours.. I really dont want to go, and I'm not really having the pain anymore. What should Ido? I've been to the OB triage 4 times for practically nothing.. I dont want to be there all day if it's nothing AGAIN!!! Help

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 3:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• well i think you should do what you were told to do no matter what better safe then sorry
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Its prolly your round ligaments stretching, I get it all the time on just one side. It hurts really bad but goes away after a little while of relaxing.
    Anonymous

• Get used to the idea that the baby comes first in cases like this. Children interrupt our routines and sometimes we have to postpone or cancel our plans for them. Go to the triage.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would suggest going to your OB Triage but don't do so much Heavy Lifting ask the Bag Boy to Load your Groceries for you or Ask for Help with your groceries from some in the Lot they will be more than willing to help a Preggo. you probably strained your Abdominal Muscles they're much tighter now so Lift with your Knees.

SabrinasMommi

Answer by SabrinasMommi at 8:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008