whinning 14 month old

My son has been latley constantly whining. He comes up to me and follows me around all day and I mean morning to night with this wierd look on his face and whines. IT is honestly driving me crazy and I need to now how to get him to stop. It really bothers me I mean he wont stop it is like constant

HELP

muslimmom

Asked by muslimmom at 3:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD is the same age and does the same thing......I thought maybe it was her teeth that may be hurting her......Im sooooo glad you ask this....I will check back to see if anyone else knows what the deal could be....
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 3:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My son it could be his teeth too,? I really want to know how to handle this , I want him to stop I just feel like saying to him WHAT DO YOU WANT LOL i try breastfeeding , I try feeding him something, I try but only to have him whines againL so when will this stop?
    muslimmom

Answer by muslimmom at 3:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• LOL I hear ya....I wish I knew too...I know the only thing that will calm her down is her dad....and he is only home 2-6days a month.....So....I have to deal with her fussing her him and then just whinning and boo hooing around the house and grabbing my legs and crying.....I try to cuddle her and that dont help...I will try to feed her and that doesnt help either....so most of the time I will just put some elmo on and dance with her or make a HUGE nest on the floor with pillows and blankets and we will lay and I will rub her back, tummy, legs, head, arms.....to clam her down....Sometime I feel like Im going to go crazy.....But what do we do???
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 3:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Maybe youre too busy? I notice that if Im up and running around doing chores, or talking on the phone or sitting on the PC, DD wants my attention so much more. Try taking a couple minutes just to sit with him and play with him on his level. He is probably trying to initiate play, and wants you to join in. Usually after I spend a couple mins (20-30) of quality time playing with DD, she will go off and do her own thing, so I am free to resume what I was doing.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 3:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• not to a bearer of bad news but I have never met a mother whose child did not whine. My neice whines constantly..and she is 14 years old. But most do it for attention. try to give your child attention before they resort to whining and try not to make a huge display when they are. sometimes to a child, even negative attention is better than nothing.
    Anonymous

• It's normal. Kids start to go through separation anxiety around this age.. my daughter who is 2 is going through it more now bc my husband has been going through military training for most of the year. She's not use to not having both of us around so it's really frustrating for her and she doesn't understand we are coming back.
    CandBmommy

Answer by CandBmommy at 7:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Try Tylenol once and see if her attitude changes. If it is her teeth, that will help and the whining should lessen. If it's not her teeth, then she will still probably be whiny and it could be separation anxiety. I started telling my son that I couldn't hear him when he was whining, and it stopped because I quit paying attention to him when he did it. I have better things to do than let my son drive me crazy all day. The attention came when he wasn't whining and he stopped doing it.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 9:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008