Would any parent allow their

5 year old son to go to the bathroom by themselves at Madison Square Garden in NYC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hell NO!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My mother did this when we went to see the Circus. My brother went missing and was later found behind stage at the lion cages. There were several adults with us who could of went with him. I think of this event often and it disturbs me to the core.
    Anonymous

• Heck no!!! That is terrible parenting in my personal opinion. I live in a small town and get nervous letting my almost 7 yr old go into the men's bathroom by himself...with me standing outside the door! I can't even begin to imagine what would convince me it was intelligent to allow a 5yr old to use the restroom by themselves in NYC!
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 3:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• NO. I don't let my son go to any public bathroom by himself. Don't know when I'll be ready to either. My brother got approached and almost molested by a guy in a bathroom and he was 12.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 4:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Uh, no. My son is 7 and is allowed to use bathrooms on his own but never at a busy/crowded place.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No. My son is 6 and when we go to the mall I get hateful looks because he goes into the bathroom with me. Like I would leave him in the mall by himself. Anytime someone comments he will try to see them through the cracks in the door I assure them he does not want to see their fat ass. I try to find a family restroom if I can but I would rather someone be uncomfortable than my son by himself in our very busy mall.

Anonymous

• no way!!! if my husband wasn't there to help I woul dmake my son go into the women's rest room. 5 is way to young!!
    mum2gr8byz

Answer by mum2gr8byz at 4:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nope. I'd drag him into the women's room if there was no male family memeber to take him to the men's room.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No way!
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 5:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My DS is 7 and I don't let him go to the bathroom alone any where, other than home! Grown women fall victim to horrible people in public restrooms, what chance would a small child have?!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2008