Best way to repel mosquitos? Inside and out?

Mosquitos love my daughter. We live in Florida, and every time it rains, they come out like crazy. Anyone know of some natural sprays, candels that work, etc. I know deet is a not good. I need stuff for indoors and outside.

mdrgator10

Asked by mdrgator10 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My grandson is allergic to most of these type things. What absolutely works the best for him is the OFF repellant clip-on. One insert is good for 12 hours total. When I need to protect him from mosquitoes I clip it on his short, or lay it on the bedside table. It gets pricey over time but it is worth it to save him from bad reactions. I will post a pic of a 'typical" reaction for him if I can find one.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:40 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Vinegar water... drink it, give it to your animals, it will repel mosquitoes from landing and biting on you. You could also eat lots of pickles. Garlic also helps repel them for some people.
    Earthy_Mom

Answer by Earthy_Mom at 11:37 AM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Those OFF clip on things work really well for my husband with bugs when he is outdoors and he's usually attacked by them...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:17 AM on Aug. 24, 2011

• This is less than 5 minutes after one bite on his left ear. The ear wound up quite a bit larger than it is in this pic. Keeping him from bites is a big deal here.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:46 AM on Aug. 22, 2011