what are some safe ways to enduce labor, what works and what doesnt?

stacie67288

Asked by stacie67288 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ok there is no for sure way to induce yourself some are not safe ways i won't do it and it also depends how far along you r
    Anonymous

• It all depends on how far you are. Honestly in my two other pregnancies after being late to deliver with both we tried everything! Your baby pops out when he/she wants to :-)
    brolyx429

Answer by brolyx429 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• SEX!
    Anonymous

• How about with a doctor there because of danger or risk to the baby? There is no guaranteed safe way to do it yourself. Your baby is only safe when he/she is ready to come out.
    Anonymous

• unless for some reason your doctor has told you not to have sex, sex is one way to "hurry" the process a long, plus its just good for your relationship and self- esteem!
    michele.webb

Answer by michele.webb at 4:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• "Safe" is a relative term. But what is usually safest and most natural are walking and sex. After that, you introduce compromises and add risks.

Most (all) things don't work if the body is not ready to accept a nudge. The irony is that IF the body is accepting a nudge then it's ready to work into labor, anyway, no need to force it.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I agree with doulala about not hurring it along....I know your probably ready but just enjoy this moment because one day you won't be having babies..mine grew up and left home...:(....I waited until I was due or close to due and I used one Tablespoon of Castor Oil....just gulped it down and within an hour I was in labor but I guess my body was ready.....some women have tried this and it didn't work for them. I say just wait it out...good luck!!
    stayhomemom22

Answer by stayhomemom22 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• What is safe and works: Sex, ankle/foot rub, walking.

I'm not going to get into what's not safe or doesn't work, because I don't want people trying it.

Stayhomemom, castor oil is NOT safe.

Most importantly, OP, just wait. If sex and walking don't work, then assume your body isn't ready yet. Don't let your doctor strip your membranes or induce you, and don't let the women on here talk you into doing or taking stupid crap that could hurt you or your baby.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 5:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008