what does the hospital have too do with the school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't understand the question.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand it either.
    kate231004

Answer by kate231004 at 9:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• They don't have any clue what to call what is wrong with my son . So if a student has a broken leg say then they send out a teacher to teach them at the house. As for my son the county we live in the city Ilive in I think my Son is the first child they have ever had to work with in the home the county is paying for it, It will be a special ed teacher which scares me because none of them are specialized in autism the whole thing to me seems not to make much sense either Iguess we will see what happens when they start coming to the house . that the thing they did not give me the one person that Inew would work best with my son to help get him back into the adult ed program, honestly they are closing like 6 schools where I live , IT is all about the money .if this does not work, hopfully throw his regional cenetr they can pervide us with specialist that at least have a degree in autism thaks for asking wish me luck,
    MommyJanice44

Answer by MommyJanice44 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• huh?
    Anonymous

• Ummmm, not exactly sure what the question is, but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that if your child is sick and needs to be off from school for an extended period of time due to injury or illness, then you need to provide documentation from your child's doctor stating that your child needs homebound services for "x" amount of time, until he or she can return to school. Homebound services are usually limited to 5 hrs per week (1 hr/day) with a certified teacher (reg or spec ed, not both) and any special services your child gets in school would also need to be arranged for during the homebound period (eg....ST or OT). Is this what you wanted to know?
    Anonymous

• THANK YOU ANSWERING TO MY REPLY I HAVE JUST STATED USING THE COMPUTER DUE TO FACT THAT MY SON WAS ALWAYS IN SCHOOL THEY CALL IT IN HOM E HOSPITAL CARE SO THANK YOU ANONYMOUS FOR EXPLAINING IT IN A PROPER MANNER .. EXACTLY WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY ..
    MommyJanice44

Answer by MommyJanice44 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 11, 2009