Why would anyone make a baby when they are not in a committed relationship?

I mean I don't get it. Why would you make a baby with a man who has no intention of marrying you. Especially is you know he is an ass? You can prevent this stuff from happening. So many girls on here ask, what do I do now? Well why didn't you think of that sooner? If he wanted to marry you, he would have asked before you created a baby together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I don't think she's really talking about you then..... She's talking about the girls who get pregnant and then come on here complaining that their guys are mean to them and they don't wanna be with them. I don't think there is any reason for you to get mad about it.

i do have to agree though.... i don't understand why girls complain about their guys then say they want a baby. i mean I understand when your trying to NOT have one and it still happens, but when I was in relationships that the guy didn't treat me right i left them. I think sometimes girls just want someone to "love" them so bad they won't leave no matter what.
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• they think a baby will help strenghten there relationship
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I've wondered the SAME thing?! It's amazing how so many girls and young women feel so unfulfilled unless they have a baby. Very sad.

Education, career, travel...there are soooo many more important things to do in life than having a baby as a teenager and settling for someone who isn't worth it.
    Anonymous

• It's all about me, me, me. They don't think about life after baby. If the man is an ass before baby, why would you think it would be different after? Maybe the problem is that they just don't think at all.
    Anonymous

• I am letting u know that you are judgeing me because of my choice, i am a mother of 4 childern and i am not married to my honey and i have been with him for 13 yrs and knew him h3ll alot longer, which i am not whining about the choice i made and i chosse not to get married just yet there could be different things i want for my marriage, maybe i want to have a great honeymoon in another county maybe i want to get my house fixed up better before i do this, i might also want my childern in my wedding. just some are glueless on how to pick the right road and my hubby isn't an @$$hole matter of fact he lets me do what i want, he thinks of me at all times and he supports what ever i want... now this question just pissed me off
    Anonymous

• committed relationship i am one of those moms you are talking about which i have been with my sweetie for 15 years and you have no right to also judge me as a mom and girlfriend my sweetheart does anything for me and we have kids too and i don't come on here to whine about my life cause i choose to not get married yet too some women just wants to wait. really i don't feel bad if you get nasty commets for whgat you put in this post
    semiwife

Answer by semiwife at 4:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i think its best if 2 people are together to raise the child. but it can work if there is just one.
    and some people dont think well wait. what if we get a divorce or what if he never asks me to marry him....
    if they can handle a child and love the child and can support the child, with or without another person there helping them...thats all that should matter. but also it doesnt effect you.

im not married to my So, does that make me wrong? no. because we are happy where we are. and we cant wait to have our daughter. if it doesnt work out between us, then it doesnt. but we both will love our child regardless of our relationship married or not.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• CONT

so does my bf NOT want to marry me? because he hasnt asked me and were having a baby... is that what you are saying? have you asked him? you dont know that.

this is a dumb question. im sorry not everyone can have a picture perfect relationship like you...BS because im sure you have problems with your SO too... everyone does its NORMAL.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• PP--WHY didn't you want a nice wedding, honeymoon, and house BEFORE you had children? Why did you "choose" to put the cart before the horse? Why did you choose to make life harder for you and your children? WHY didn't you want more for yourself...an education, an exciting career, to see the world...or want the security that marriage provides? If your "honey" left you tomorrow--other than child support--what would you have?

My husband doesn't stand in the way of my happiness or things I want to do, in fact that's why I married him...we had careers, educations, we traveled...spent a month on our honeymoon to Australia...THEN had kids.
    Anonymous

• it would have been nice, but we know that we can be happy and together and live a normal life whether we are "legally" together or not. a piece of paper saying it doesnt mean it will last forever (it should but nowadays it doesnt) my life isnt harder. my life is good, my childrens life wont be hard either.... i have an education. i dont mind not seeing the world? i dont have any need to. if my bf left me tomorrow. id have love and support and a good family, and money for me and my baby.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2008