not moving...

the baby hasnt moved much yesterday and today its middle of the day and she has moved baby twice....

should i worry? what should i do? im in m 8th month

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Movement can slow down a lot right about then because baby is running out of room.

Drink something sugary, like orange juice, then lay down and do a kick count.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• She is moving then? I wasn't sure what your message said- that she moved twice? Chances are she is OK, but since you are worried would you please call your ob now or go to the ER just to set your mind at rest? Please post again to let us know that all is well. OK?

Answer by Bmat at 3:49 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i would go get checked just to be safe
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Go get it checked out just to ease your mind!
    Anonymous

• Towards the end of your pregnancy, there's no room for her to move around. She will twitch and wiggle, but that's about it. And once her head is engaged, she will hardly move at all. It's not important what kind of movement you feel, as long as you feel some at least once a day. You can do a test at home though for fetal movement which is recommended after week 28 - at least twice a day. Count movements of any kind. Stop counting when you reach ten and note the time. It can take longer than 10 minutes or shorter than 10 minutes. If you don't count 10 within an hour have some milk or juice and/or a snack and rest and continue counting. If in 2 hours you don't count 10 movements, call your doctor.
    Anonymous

• when i was pg my dd wasn't very active for a couple of days so i called the dr and they told me that i should dink a big glass of oj and lay on my left side and that they citrus and sugar would wake her up. and it did bout a half hour later she started moving lots so maybe try that and see if it works in waking the baby up
    zimmtobe

Answer by zimmtobe at 5:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I guess you could try juice thing,I just hate the idea of use of sugar to stimulate the baby.Into your 8th month the baby is crowded & also resting up for the long journey.My youngest daughter is in her 7th month & says the baby boy CRUZ, is not moving as much,was just @ OB & she was examined & was told everything is fine. BUT if I were you I'd make an appt. like my daughter did & have peace of mind.
    openarmsmammaw

Answer by openarmsmammaw at 7:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2008