Do you go to your class reunions? And if so, how often do they have them and what do they do?

I think they decided to do ours at 5 years, 10 years, and then every 10 years after that.

This year they did a family style outing at a local park so we could all bring our kids. We did a cook out there, and then they had us meet up at a bar later on in the night if we wanted to have more adult fun. We just went to the family-friendly one. We had a nice time though.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:37 PM on Aug. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I used to. We were the first graduating class at our HS. We used to get together ALL THE TIME so there was no real need for reunions for awhile. We had our 15 yr reunion and I was not able to attend because I had moved. Before that we had been having them around ever 2-3 yrs.

Answer by gemgem at 5:38 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I have never attended the "formal" reunion, but I have attended various gatherings of selected group of my high school class of 1969! we started getting together for lunch or at night after 42 years of not seeing each other.  We have been geting together at least once a month or so, we have a really good time....I never would have imagined seeing all these people again after so many years, but it is really nice.....

Answer by older at 5:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• *getting*

• I went to my 5 year. They do them every 5 years for ours. The last one was the 15 and they weren't very good about getting the word out. I didn't hear about it until months later and the girl in charge was mad at everyone for not coming. Apparently only 5 or 6 people showed up. For the 5 yr, we toured the newly built high school and ate ice cream and visited. I don't plan to go to the 20 unless it happens to be when I am in town for something else. I don't want to make the 1600 mile round trip just for that.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 5:55 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• My 10 year high school reunion was a couple of years ago. NOTHING was planned except a VERY last minute word-of-mouth SOMETHING that I learned about months after it happened. IF there are any more reunions, I doubt I'll be going.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 5:58 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• We havent had one yet.. But I think around here its every 10 years or so. And I have only been out for 5
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I never have been to a reunion but my facebook is filled with everyone from High school so that is good enough for me
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:54 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I have never been to one of my reunions, and I don't know if they actually had any. I graduated in January of 1997 in Wisconsin. My husband's class had a 5 year reunion that we went to, but it was sort of a joke. There were maybe a dozen people there, all from out of town. No one who still lived in that crappy town showed up. Now we live in Nevada, and I have no plans of EVER setting foot in Wisconsin again, so even if either of our classes have reunions, I won't be there. I can only remember a few people from high school, anyway.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:08 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• We've only had a 5 & 10 so far. I wouldn't know what was decided beyond that. I skipped the 5, went to the 10, and said I would not go to a reunion again. I'll go to DH's (he'll have his 20th next year - holy cow!) but not mine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• I've never been to one and it has been 19 years.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:19 PM on Aug. 22, 2011