Microgestin 1/20 Birth Control Pill

Hi Ladies!
My Dr. suggested Microgestin 1/20 because I don't do well with hormones, so this is suppose to be a low level estrogen pill.

I have not taken birth control pills in over 3 years and I am nervous about the side effects.

Could you share any experiences? Thank you!

mercilove

Asked by mercilove at 6:22 PM on Aug. 22, 2011 in Health

• It is what I started out with several years ago. My doctor had to increase my dose to 1.5/30 because I was having a lot of break through bleeding. Talk to your doctor, but the reason I was put on this one is because of endometriosis. I take this pill for 6 months at a time and then take a week off. That is how my doc prescribed it. Aside from the breakthrough bleeding, I really don't have any symptoms. My breasts always hurt during the normal week I should have my period... But nothing else. The 1.5/30 is the first birth control pill I've taken and not had breakthrough bleeding with. I love it and would recommend it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Aug. 22, 2011