Is okay to use Flinstones plus immunity support while pregnant?

I picked up the wrong kind, I know that you are supposed to use flinstone complete vitamins but I was just wondering if I was able to take these just until I get on my prenatal vitmins? How many do you take? I don't know if these will hurt my baby, and I don't want anything to happen.

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 5:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I used Flintstones vitamins all through my pregnancy b/c I couldn't hold down the prenatal vitamins. It's okay.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Sorry I wouln't know but I do give this to my kids, they like them of course (gummies)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I just use prenatal multivitamins...never tried the flintstones kind. call your doctor and ask him.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• thanks~ I use prenatal vitamins also.. But I just found out we were pregnant again and I just wanted to get the extra boost of vitamins befor I go to the doctors and get put on the "prenatals", I called my pharmacist and they told me it was completely fine to use these until I go and see my doctor! But thanks for the help!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Why take extra vitamins? If you are getting too many, your body just flushes them out and you'll be waisting your money. Also, if I were you, I'd take ALL NATURAL and/or ORGANIC vitamins. What's the point in a vitamin that has artificial flavors/colors and in a lot of cases, aspartame? I know some Flintstone vits have that.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• No I am currently NOT taking prenatal vitamins until I go to my doctors,Please read my WHOLE response.. Not just partially! I just wanted to take the flinstones until I can see my doctor... ONLY TAKING the flistone vitamins right now... NO OTHER vitamins... once I GO to the DOCTORS I will stop taking the flinstones and go on my prenatals!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Got ya. :) I just take a Prenatal Vit I found at my grocery store. All natural.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Okay- so any kind of flinestones are SAFE! Do not take organic vitamins while pregnant!! If you are in to that, then ask your OB. I just saw that someone said that... Anyways, OB's recommend flinestones for a reason! They will be fine until you get your vitamins, it's a good idea! They dont have enough floic acid, so eat your veggies :0)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• With my son I used the Flintstones Chewable because the one my Doc put my on made me Sick; Severe Cramping  from Gas and so he put me on another and that made me have Severe Nausea. With my Daughter I was prescribed Stuart Prenatal and Iron 50mg. There actually the same as Prenatals i you look closely at both Bottles.

SabrinasMommi

Answer by SabrinasMommi at 8:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Ash - Don't take organic vits? Why? It just means it's all good stuff. No pesticides, artificial colors, artificial flavors, chemicals.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008