Why did you want to become a mother?

Just curious to see what everyone says :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i didn't. i never planned it, and certainly lived recklessly in the BC department. after years of doing so, i convinced myself i was sterile/or/not destined to ever be a mother. boy was i surprised...so was my then-bf (who ironically thought the same about himself---we're both older parents)! that made us believe not only was it a God-thing that our son was here, but that we were destined to be together. and that's that.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 5:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I remember being about 4 and idolizing my mother. I love babies and kids and just thought it'd be more fun if the kids were my own... 20 years later I had my own baby. Woo! How naive I was at 4! HA!!
    Now we are TTC # 2! I can't wait. I LOVE being a mother It's so rewarding and hard sometimes, but I wouldn't have it any other way!
    URMySunshine07

Answer by URMySunshine07 at 5:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Just always a life goal. Didn't want the female career path we were being shown in the 70's but always wanted to be a mommy!!!!! Now, I want them to go back to school lol.. Honestly, i think my issue is deaper seated, I'm adopted and think I missed that blood connection even though my parents did a great job!!! spectacular in fact!!! we were chosen!!!
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 6:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I didn't "want" to BECOME a mother but after I became a mother I LOVED it. and now that I'm a grand mother, well, that's the best reason to become a Mother. So you can be a Nana.
    firestarter4763

Answer by firestarter4763 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It wasn't a planned thing for me but the best thing about it is being able to see yourself in someone else's eyes and through someone else's eyes.

micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Ive wanted to be a mother when I grew up since I was a child. It just took waiting for me to meet my now husband and things just lining up right =)
    I know I have good qualities and characteristics to pass down to my children and I believe I can help create good quality people to go into this world and make more good quality people in the future.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 8:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I got knocked up.
    Anonymous

• as a young kid i always wanted to be a mommy i had names picked out for both boy and girl. god has blessed me with a girl but i did not name her my childhood name but i am so blessed to have her as a gift from god i can't even explain how much joy i get from her just to see her smile and her her talk to me and call my name. just the thought gives me goose bumps
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 11:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008