Does your husband call you names?

does he and whats the worse youve been called? my soon to be ex called me some terrible things and said that i should get over it because all guys call their s/o names. seriously?

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 10:14 PM on Aug. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• He tells me I am slut, but is a play on our last name. He has never called me anything mean, he calls me a nerd and a dork.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Nope. I am glad he is your soon to be ex.
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• He calls me Babe. That's about it. We don't really resort to name calling. He called me lazy once. I didn't care much for that. He sure doesn't call me B*tch or slut or anything like that. To me, those are not names you call someone you love. And I don't call him an as*shole or a jerk or things like that either.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:16 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• No all guys don't call their wives/girlfriends names. He's just trying to justify his actions. I swear some men can be such assholes.  

Onli1Me46

Answer by Onli1Me46 at 10:17 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• My husband has never called me names unless it is in play. In those times, I know that he doesn't mean it. He has never called me a bad name out of anger.
    BabyHoney

Answer by BabyHoney at 10:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• He calls me all kinds of thing, but in a joking way. For example, he'll call me a fat ass, even though I'm not fat, lol. The only time he's ever called me a name out of anger was once when he called me a bitch, and honestly, I deserved it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• thats what i thought! thanks girls :)
    mykidsmom86

Comment by mykidsmom86 (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Yep, sexy, honey, beautiful, babe...never anything derogatory or bad. he respects me so unless he was going to call me mean things when he wasn't mad, he wouldn't do it any other time. We don't fight dirty. It's always with respect.

My XH, was a different story. he would call me every name in the book when he was mad to try and tear me down. Then when it was over, he would say that he didn't mean it. BS! If you didn't honestly feel that way about a person, you wouldn't ever call them that.

I'm a firm believer that a person's tru colors come out when they are mad and fighting. If they resort to humiliating names and cursing your, then that is really how they feel about you any other time. Regardless if you actually are a cu@%, he thinks you are every minute of the day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:20 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• My DH better not call be bad names. He won't like what happens when he turns his back, or goes to sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 22, 2011

• Jademom... I am an ass... I accidentally voted you down. I am sorry. I was trying to vote you up and looked away when a kid called my name. D:

I really LOVE your answer!

Come on girls give her some vote ups to make up for it.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:25 PM on Aug. 22, 2011