how can he not care about the kids

you keeps lying and making excuse to why he cant see the kids i dont know how to deal with this please help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• There is nothing that you can do to make him want to be a father. If you are making your children available so that he can spend time with them if he chooses to then you are doing all you can. Lecturing, yelling, crying and badgering etc. will do nothing to make him a man. That's a choice that he has to make on his own and unfortunately that may never happen.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• So sorry to hear that. I can't understand it either; these are his children, he should want to spend time with them. It sounds like he needs to grow up. If I were you, I would try to explain to the kids (if they are old enough to undersatnd) that dad is busy and can't be with them right now. But as for you, hey, it's his loss; not yours; but I know you feel for your children. I know if it were my son I would feel the same way. He is going to regret this later on in life and he will have noone to blame but himself.
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 5:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• if he doesn't want to see the kids then don't let him, they are better off without a father than one who doesn't want them, there is nothing you can do, and you are not a bad mpther/person for keeping him out of their lives
    i am sorry for what you are going thorugh, and good luck!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 8:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Dont make him be a father. Karma will catch up with him. Go through court for child support and put your children in programs where older people are good role models like big brothers/big sisters. That is his loss.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My oldest's 'father' remarried and she sent out a gift card for a b-day. my son called told his 'dad' all about his party and thanked him forthe card. 'dad' and step mom never got a written thank you note. they have not talked to my son in 6 years. my husband has been sons dad since age 3 he is 15 and will tell you that o well i am lucky he is not my'dad'
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 9:42 AM on Dec. 28, 2008