Any one have their

mouth washed out with soap as a child? Did you get to choose the flavor of soap?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• I got mine washed out a LOT lol! And heck no, I didn't get to choose the flavor of soap....it was just a clean bar of something, probably Ivory soap.
    LizClara

Answer by LizClara at 5:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I put a drop of liquid soap on my son's tongue and he took a sip of water and blew bubbles. Needless to say that punishment didn't work out that well.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 6:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• yes i have. No i did not get to choose.

Micrespo -- ROLF!!!!!!!!!!!!
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:08 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i did this to my son - when he was biting in daycare - worked great. He never bit anyone again.
    My daughter however - LOVED IT. We had to hide the soap at bathtime cuz she would try to eat it.

I never had it done to me as a kid - that i can remember. My sister brushed her teeth once with LAVA soap - but not because anyone made her do it.. she was just dumb.
    4xmommy2008

Answer by 4xmommy2008 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I had mustard until i was something like 8 and i was never naughty again.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 7:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Just once with a bar of Ivory soap....ick!
    And I remember the nasty tasting nail polish my mom used on my thumb to get me to stop sucking it. I couldn't bring myself to do the same thing to my child so I had a big girl talk with her (she was 4 going on 5) and she wanted to stop sucking it, but didn't know how. So we worked out a plan where we would put a sock of her choice on her hand at bedtime and if she didn't take it off at night for a whole week then I would paint her fingernails in whatever color fingernail polish she chose. It worked!
    By the way - I never, ever put soap in my children's mouths, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:51 PM on Dec. 28, 2008