When is it ok to stop using nursery water when mixing it with powdered formula?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you don't have to use nursery water, you can just get regular filtered water
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 5:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Exactly or if ur tap water has been tested and is ok u can use that. We use sparletts water that doesn't contain flouride,
    Anonymous

• I asked my doctor at one of my daughters first check-ups if it was necessary to use the nursery water and she did say yes. I then asked my doctor at my baby's 9 month check up and she said it was okay to use bottled/filtered.

it was nice to have one less item to keep in stock at all times :)
    rai.of.sunshine

Answer by rai.of.sunshine at 5:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Stop Using Nursery Water!!! It has fluoride in it and it's now recommended that babies DO NOT recieve fluoride, period. It causes dental fluorosis, among other things. Get water that was filtered using REVERSE OSMOSIS. It will say on the bottle if it does. Go to www.primowater.com to see if that particular brand is sold at a store near you.
    Here is proof to the fluoride thing: http://www.fluoridealert.org/infant-warning.pdf
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I should add that filtering water with a normal water filter does NOT get the fluoride out. Only reverse osmosis will do that.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• We don't even have nursery water here , infact I have no idea what it is ... LoL
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nursery water... its just water with fluoride in it. Some moms pick to use it some use tap and some use boiled water. Everyone picks something different and I'm sure they all have there downs and they all have there ups. Its not something you ever HAVE TO use so really you could stop using it anytime you want to. Honestly my choice is nursery water and I will probably use it till shes a year old when she starts drinking milk instead of formula. Its just easier especially because we make her bottles at room temp. We just set the jugs of water on top of our fridge and poor it when we need a bottle... or on the go we pre poor the water and just add the formula when its time for a bottle. It works out well for us.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 7:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2008