Do you thunk its crazy to have another baby when your daughter is 6 months old?

please dont be cruel......

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 5:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Nope :) Check out the closely spaced siblings group, it's great! Mine are 16 m apart and the last two will be 14 m apart. I think having the close has pros and cons just like spacing them out. It's up to you. Might check out the group though and ask some questions... Good luck with what ever you decide!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yes, you think this one is a piece of cake? Wait until they are both sick at the same time and want your constant attention... If this one is a good baby, maybe the next one won't... I guarantee you will be on here in nine months, asking what you got yourself into. Not cruel, it's your decision. But I think anyone that asks this question only has one child.
    Anonymous

• Wow! Anon! That's harsh. There is nothing that warms my heart more than watching my three guys cuddle on the couch (My 20 something one and our two lil boys) My oldest son comforts his little brother when he cries... Seriously goes and gets a wet wipe and rubs his head. They wrestle and give each other kisses. They are SO close. Yes there are rough moments. But nothing worse than the stress I felt when just the one got sick or frustrating. It is work, but nothing great in this life isn't.

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 5:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My first two are that close, and if I could just slide them a little further apart (without changing anything else) I would. I wouldn't want them any closer than 2 years.
    cedailey

Answer by cedailey at 5:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Not at all. Mine are 13 months apart. Life is great! I wouldn't do it any other way. Let what others say roll off your shoulders, and do what is right for your family. Good luck!
    momma_kelsey

Answer by momma_kelsey at 5:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I love how the rude comments are anonymous.
    momma_kelsey

Answer by momma_kelsey at 5:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have 2 boys that are 15 months apart. I found out I was pregnant with my second when my oldest was 6 months old. I won't lie to you, it's rough, but I wouldn't change it for the world. My second is actually very well behaved because he watches what his older brother gets in trouble for and he avoids doing those things. Another thing is, when the oldest goes through a phase and gets out of it, the younger will go right into it, making that phase last longer. It does get it all out of the way right at the beginning though. They'll have a very good bond. My boys do.
    jillbailey26

Answer by jillbailey26 at 6:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• my dh and I found out we were expecting our daughter when our son was only 4 mths old...:) definitely not a bad thing at all...sure you have tough times when they are both sick or when they are on different schedules but overall I am so happy with how things turned out. they are eachother's best friend and I couldn't picture them being farther apart in age. our son just turned 4 and our daughter will be 3 in feb. our parents thought we were crazy lol I'm only 25 and Dh is 26 but we love our lives with these 2 kids goodluck honey :)
    mamaloves2dance

Answer by mamaloves2dance at 6:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• what the hell does the trailor park twins mean? sounds a bit immature... and why is the rude comments from ANON only?
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 6:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Well, yeah. **grin** One of my best friends had two within a year...she says she'd never have CHOSEN to do that and it was NOT fun except for a very very brief span when they were in preschool. Otherwise, she recommends against it highly.

Talk to your doc. See if you're cleared for another pregnancy. My own says TWO YEARS between delivery of the first and conception of the second, so mom's body can fully recover.

What really matters is whether YOU can handle it. Don't do it to give your older child a playmate or companion...life doesn't work that way. (The "closest" siblings I've ever known were a decade apart...the least close were born close together.) Don't do it for any other reason than you and your husband are ready for a second child NOW.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:05 PM on Dec. 27, 2008