Why?

All of the sudden the last 3 days I have been leaking BM. I have also been extra full!! My son is still feeding every 2-3 hrs so I am not sure whats up? Could it be my hormones..maybe an on common AF or O....could it be pregnancy related...what do you think?

NoraDun

Asked by NoraDun at 5:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've been thinking about this since I saw the question and answered over on Breastfeeding Moms. Then I looked at your profile...two months old?

NORMAL NORMAL NORMAL. Expect this kind of leaking on and off for a while yet. I had it until about 4-5 months.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Thanks!!
    NoraDun

Answer by NoraDun at 6:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Mom's that breast feed typically leak breast milk. You have to wear pads in your bra to prevent from getting your clothing wet. I breast fed my kids and it didn't matter how often I fed them, my breasts would still leak milk. As for the full feeling.....Pump enough milk out to relief pressure on the breast, but not enough to encourage more production.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 6:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I leaked milk until probably 6 months old. Just wear breast pad things. They have disposable ones but I had the cotton ones that you could just wash and reuse.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 6:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Yea I normally do wear them but I haven't been leaking since my milk came in!!
    NoraDun

Answer by NoraDun at 6:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• This is all normal. He's probably coming off that dreaded 6 week growth spurt, so your supply has just gone up a whole lot and your body hasn't aclimated to it yet. My supply didn't regulate usually until about 3 mos, until then I had to sleep on a towel and carry breast pads with me EVERYWHERE or I'd end up embarassing myself with giant plate sized wet spots on my shirts. I leaked enough to fill bottles ... it was insane. Luck and love to you.
    Anonymous