anyone here have a water birth?

i was thinking about having one with my next child what were your experiences?

butterscotch297

Asked by butterscotch297 at 6:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I have had two of them myself and attended several as a birth doula. They are a wonderful, gentle, lovely way to bring baby into the world! :-D

I know a LOT of people that have them and haven't ever heard of anything being dangerous. Not sure what gemgem's friend was experiencing, but with my working waterbirth centers, that sounds quite unusual!! (??)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I never have but will say one of my best friends is a paramedic and says she would never do it because she has been called to more then one water birth and it was never pretty and its very dangerous. So take that for whatever its worth.

Answer by gemgem at 6:36 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I labored in water throughout one of my entire labors and got out of the tub to deliver in bed . I felt that was my safest option , it was a wonderful experience .

Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• SabrinasMommi

Answer by SabrinasMommi at 7:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have attended 3 "Leboyer method" labor and delivery. There was no dramatics. It was quite peaceful and truly beautiful. The 'danger' aspect is present with any birth regardless of where it takes place. Factors of complicated pregnancy and the attendant(s) training andexperience have a huge imact.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008