help I think he's teething!

my 5 month old has not stopped crying ALL day. He doesn't want to play, doesn't want to be held, and won't take a nap. I put some teethers in the freezer and they kinda helped but only for like a second. He also had 1 dose of Tylenol. What else can I do?

heatherann0221

Asked by heatherann0221 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get some Hyland's teething tablets. They're my new best friend. And try taking him for a ride in the car if he won't take a nap.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 6:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Baby Oragel... try it... it numbs the gums. But also make sure that what it is... take his temp and all that... has he gone number 2 today... maybe hes clogged... things like that.... because the oragel won't help any of those things lol. My baby's almost 6 months and just got her first tooth... and she started drooling A LOT right before it came through... We changed her onesie about 5 times in a day and she kept pushing her tounge and lips around funny. But its here now... her first tooth... on the bottom!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 6:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• yeah, I need to get some orajel. You'd think I would remember teething since I have an older child. He's been drooling a lot, no fever though. And he did go #2 today. I don't want to dope him up on Tylenol though because I really don't like giving my kids meds. I washed my hands and let him chew on my finger and he seemed to like that.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008