Does anyone wear the birth control patch? good or bad?

This is my first time using the patch, and i have to say i dont' like much besides the freedom of pills free. I dont' mind to take pills but i can't keep up, i always forget or late to take it and my period comes 1-2 days later.

Since i put the patch on 2 weeks ago, i don't feel like myself. My discharge is thicker than usual( smell a little too) and i am actually dry during the intercourse, and i have this pain on my ovaries area ( on my abdomen) during the intercouse. It hurts so bad that i feels like i have to throw up ( no need to say i make him stop)

Anyone has bad side effect from wearing the patch? thanks

yoshiki56

Asked by yoshiki56 at 6:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• There is a serious legal issue occuring right now due to increased health risks to woman on the BC patch. Please check with your doctor to make sure you do not have the brand that has been recalled (I apologize, I cannot think of which brand it is right now).....If you are looking for a longer-term solution to birth control without the hassles of taking a pill everyday, I suggest NuvaRing, or an IUD (I have Mirena and LOVE it!). Good luck!
    littlejreece

Answer by littlejreece at 4:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I was on the patch for 2 yrs and really loved it. I cant say anything negative about it and didnt experience any of the things youre describing. Maybe you should contact your gyno and explain what is going on? You might be one of the people with those weird side effects and they can put you on something else.

Answer by gemgem at 6:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Im sorry your having a negative experience with the patch. I loved it when i was on it (pregnant now) the only negative for me was having it attach itself to clothing then rip off like when i undid my pants (Ouch). The only thing at first for me was that it didnt work well on my shoulder one of the indicated places so i had to find a good spot on my butt and just switched sides each week.

Remember though that not every kind of birth control works well with everyones body. Let your dr know about the way youve been feeling since youve put it on. I know it is convenient but it may just not work well with your body.
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 6:37 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Personally, I hated the patch. I tried it for two months and I was sick the entire two months. I could hardly eat anything yet I gained weight. I tried it during the summer and there were a few outfits (like tank tops, or sleeveless shirts) that showed the patch and several people came up to me and told me they didn't realize I was a smoker. They thought it was a nicotine patch! I finally gave it up and switched to the pill. I had a bad experience with that too. Then I switched to Nuva Ring. I love it! You only have to worry about it twice a month, once when you put it in and once when you take it out.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:06 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I was on it for two years, and only stopped because I started having a skin reaction to it. I was a little drier during sex, but nothing too bad.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 1:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2008