Dang this sucks :(

Well, at the company party I ended up getting really drunk and making out with my hot lesbian coworker. My husband was there but he didn't see, but he had a feeling something was going on. I don't know what I want to do, my husband really really is completely devoted to me, but I don't know I don't like being married. I'm worried that if we split my kids will be devastated (they are 6 and 2). And I'm worried about hurting my husband's feelings, because he is just a totally awesome guy. I wouldn't be leaving him for this chick either, it would be because I know I'm a huge flirt and because I don't think I'm cut out to be married. Should I seek counseling? Should I make a pro and con list? omg I'm so confused!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd say seek counseling. You'll regret it later if you give up just to have fun. Your a grown woman and it's time to act like it.
    Anonymous

• The first thing I would do is sit down with DH and talk to him about this. You just might be able to have the best of both worlds: him and another chick....ya never know. Start talking to him and let him know you appreciate everything he is.....but you want some advice.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Please, do get some counseling.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• You definately need counseling.
    Anonymous

• well i did the same thing and i was so scared to tell my hubby and really felt guilty but i ended up telling him and he made me feel so much better about it he was not mad just a little confused and i loved him so much more after that i just say try to talk to him about it and work it out. and if that dont work try counseling!!
    Anonymous

• I have the driest of dry spells, and the drunkest of nights drinking, and NEVER once had even one iota of a thought of making out with some lesbian chick that I worked with!

I think you need some serious counseling or more likely, need to be honest with yourself, and who you REALLY are!
    Anonymous

• ^ Well, I consider myself bisexual...I've never slept with a woman, but have kissed many and have had an intimate experience with a girl. I don't know what I am, but all I know is I don't want to hurt my kids.
    Anonymous

• I have had the same issues (feeling attracted to someone else, etc) in my marriage. The truth is that there is usally some other underlying problem. Like my ex kept creeping into the picture. But you've gotta remember that there are two other people in this relationship besides you and your husband, and they didn't ask to be there. So put them first, not yourself, and seek counseling...and/or simply talk to your husband, and be honest with him about what you're really feeling. Which sounds like you may just feel tied down.
    mlinton87

Answer by mlinton87 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Counseling could be helpful. Your happiness is important too. So figuring out what will work for you in the end will also help your kids to be happier. You can only fake being content for so long before they pick up on it. There is nothing wrong with saying: I feel like I want more, I'm stuck, I just don't know. Perhaps a counselor, a really good friend, or soul searching. But you do deserve to be happy with your life as a whole. Just remember though that sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side and you may find that you just need to have a different perspective about your current situation.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 12:14 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Flirting and cheating are two very different things. I've been married 18 years and I flirt constantly. And I'm one of those touchy feely kinds of flirts. But I've never cheated. Flirting is just a major part of my personality.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:49 AM on Dec. 28, 2008