I feel like a feed my daughter like she is a bird :)

Aside from jarred baby food and baby cereals...can I have some ideas as to what is safe to feed an 11 month old. I have started giving her tiny bites of mac and cheese and she loves it. I also have given her mashed taters and gravy, chicken and dumplings... I am just so nervous about choking. Any ideas/suggestions?

rai.of.sunshine

Asked by rai.of.sunshine at 7:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cherios, crackers, etc. just about anything you eat cut up small. except meat cona be tough -- my kids would chew it and spit it out.
    don't give her ice, fruit cocktail, whole grapes, hot dogs... other than that you're pretty much in the clear
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:10 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Pancakes, waffles, toast, bananas, peas, corn (kernels), mashed potatoes, tomatoes sliced up, oranges without seeds, seedless watermelon, jello, gogurt, string cheese.

Answer by gemgem at 7:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• green beans, cut up soft carrots, chicken, spinach, potatoes, tomatoes, cheese, tofu...
    mamajody0507

Answer by mamajody0507 at 7:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Try one of them munch things that is mesh and you put food in it!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 7:34 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Pretty much anything you can cut into small non airway blocking size pieces is fine.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• my baby tries everything i eat,she has gagged a few times i just pat her back and she doesnt eat that anymore for a while
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2008