breastfeeding while pregnant?

Any of you pregos that breastfeed find that you are gaining less weight, or maybe even losing weight due to the breastfeeding? DD nurses a lot still and I've continued to lose weight this whole time (while not pregnant), but I am newly pregnant again and wondering if I will gain less weight this time, or even continue to lose it. I am 60lbs overweight, and I was 30 lbs heavier than that to begin with, so I never had to increase my calorie intake.

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 7:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am nursing while preggo (I'm 18 weeks 2 days) I find that if you listen to your body things will be fine. I drink one gallon of water per day NOT JOKING! I eat when I am hungry and nurse when my daughter (one year in 6 days) is hungry. I am over weight too but not sure how much (I weigh 198 and am 5' 6") Listen to your body mama and best of luck!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:32 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Definitely listen to your hunger cues and eat right. If you are eating right, you may lose weight. I nursed my son when pregnant with #4 and when I was about 3-4 months, my son stopped nursing. Around that time, your milk goes from sweet to salty, so there's a possibility that DD may stop nursing around that time.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm 36 weeks 1 day pregnant and my son is still nursing one to two times a day sometimes more or less. I'm overweight and I still gained more then I would have like to but probably less then I would have if I weren't nursing however for months he was dry nursing. During that time he hardly nursed at all even now it isn't much since he's almost 33 months old.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2008