how can you produce more breast milk?/?

angi3555

Asked by angi3555 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Fenugreek, Mothers Milk Tea, Blessed Thistle. Nurse more and pump more even if nothing is coming out.
    Anonymous

• Go to GNC, they have a pill that makes your breast milk supply increase by alot...I used it while nursing my DD. I dont remember the name of it but there are only like three things in its section!! Good luck...sorry I forgot the name.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 7:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Order some Domperidone, eat lots of oatmeal, drink lots of water, drink a geniuss beer dialy, take brewers yeast, take fenugreek, drink mothers milk tea, and NURSE NURSE NURSE. It's a supply and demand thing, so keep the demand high and the supply with fallow. Best of luck!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 7:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nurse nurse nurse nurse...and then nurse some more. That's first.

Stop by the Breastfeeding Moms group; there's a sticky post on the homepage with every single trick known to woman, from fenugreek to dark beer and everything in between.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Put baby on the breast as often as possible, supply = demand.
    Stay well hydrated, drink water all the time.
    Start your day everyday with a bowl of real oatmeal - not the packet kind.
    Consider 1/2-1 bottle of dark beer each day .
    Fenugreek & blessed thistle taken daily can help some women .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I know where you can buy some REAL blessed thistle and fenugreek. Not the SYNTHETIC pill but the actual grown herb which works way better than the synthetic pill. You can buy the REAL stuff on ebay.
    Anonymous

• Drink lots of water, lessen your stress, nurse frequently, make sure you are getting enough sleep.
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nurse as often as possible. As soon as you are done nursing then pump. Remember that it is a supply and demand thing. DEFINITELY use the fenugreek, blessed thistle and REAL old fashioned oats oatmeal--oatmeal cookies are a great way to get this in, if you are in need of a snack.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• http://www.llli.org/FAQ/increase.html

We have a registered La Leche League group here on CafeMom, feel free to join us for information and support!  www.cafemom.com/group/lllcafemom

catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:24 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My W.I.C. nutitionist,and baby's docto tells me not to drink any alchoholic drinks(despite what these other moms tell you)while breast feeding my baby! They say it's bad for the baby! And that was good to know since i don't dink much myself anyways.....!
    babylover08417

Answer by babylover08417 at 6:46 AM on Dec. 28, 2008