shingles

if im 17 weeks preg is it ok 2 be around someone who has shingles?

kimmie123

Asked by kimmie123 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes just be careful not to touch them . Its the fluid inside that has the bad stuff.
    My husband had shingles which lasted nearly 7 weeks during my 2nd last pregnancy and my midwife and ob both said it was safe.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I don't remember how far along my sister in law was but my brother got shingles while she was early into her 2nd trimester and their docter told her to avoid physical contact. My brother's shingles lasted for about 3 weeks.
    kate231004

Answer by kate231004 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• in oct someone at my work got shingles and my boss messaged me if i ever had the chicken pox. so she said to call the dr anyways. the person with the shingles was a former nurse so she knew if i had it i couldn;t get it but the person a tthe dr office said i could still get it just to avoid direct contact with the person. i say clean whatever that person touched and what not. i never got it so i think u are safe but like the other post said just don;t come into direct contact with them and you are fine.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Shingles is just a recurrence of chicken pox. As long as you don't touch it it should be okay. But shingles usually appears in a warm moist spot on the body.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008