Do you use menstrual "cups?"

[Like, the Diva Cup, Insteads, etc..?]

How do/did you like them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I use the diva cup. I started with insteads just to test out the idea of using cups and you can just buy those at target. I liked them so I bought the diva cup and I like it much better. It takes some getting used to but its no problem at all now. I'm not afraid of my own bodily fluids. There is a reason we have soap and water :) I'm going to buy some cloth pads too for light days.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• EW i looked into them and they gross me out sorry. but on the websites on FAQs it says to rinse them out and reuse them.. gross... and when you take them out just seeing your blood in there... REALLY? id PUKE ... my mom used one and she said when she took it out that it kinda spilt over the rim of the cup a little bit and got on her hand and it was all warm. and she said it was the NASTIEST thing EVER.

i will NEVER use one.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:44 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The idea grosses me out. I didn't even really know they existed until more recently. I have always used tampons by day, pads by night.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I use Insteads. I love them and wouldn't ever use anything else.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Oh, and you use gloves guys. When you are done, just like in the hospital, take the glove off and it turns inside out and you never touch the cup, and it's all wrapped. Viola... easy.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 7:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I use Insteads occasionally. They work great without vaginal dryness that tampons can cause.

Tetona

Answer by Tetona at 7:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• what are insteads
    Anonymous

• Never did but I didn't know about them when I could have. I think they are a good alternative tampons and pads. They are safer than tampons, longer lasting, eco friendly, economical and more. It is a little messy but sounds especially good when you have a long assignment and can't change tampons and pads. I have heard they are useful in the military for women on active duty. Imagine carrying tampons in the field.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 8:06 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Navy-wife . . I'm pretty sure the only poster in this thread you are describing is yourself. I have half a mind to report you. No one said anything rude, can you even read??
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:19 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• OOPS . . . looks like someone else did, ba bye now navy-nag.
    BridgetC140