Your Baby Can Read..

Has anyone here tried this ? Does it work?
I saw it on late night TV the other night, and it got me thinking..
I taught my kids sign language when they were babies, why not teach the new baby to read at a very early age.

Here's the link to it:
http://www.yourbabycanread.com/

4xmommy2008

Asked by 4xmommy2008 at 8:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in General Parenting

• Anyone can learn to read by rote. But learning to "sight read" this way can really cripple a kid when his teachers try to make him learn phonics... and that's how he needs to learn to read.

Like you, I was tempted. But when I found out it was simple memorization, "sight reading", I said NO WAY!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It's not going to work for everyone.

I've never used it. I couldn't see spending that kind of money on something they will learn in a timely manner anyway.

My 4 year old is starting to read as is my 3 year old already. Just learning through play and answering their questions when they ask.......
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I started making my own flashcards and use letters on my fridge. he loves moving the letters around. my aunt never used that program and all her kids learned to read between 3-5yrs. i talked to her and she thinks the program is a waste of money.
    Be CREATIVE HAVE FUN!
    save MONEY!
    BTW im also teaching my son to paint lol messy but fun!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I did not use anything for my son who taught himself how to read at age 3. It just depends on the child.
    JoMomtoCandJ2

Answer by JoMomtoCandJ2 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I had both of my children reading books by age 5. They started reading at age 3. The basics are teaching them their letters, sounds, how to put them together to make words then sentences. Its a good moneymaker(what you are writing about), but, it doesn't cost anything except buying books for your children to read. People find ways to make all kinds of money, when all it takes is patience and a little time.I also found  www.starfall.com  after all that and this doesn't cost anyone anything.

Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:47 AM on Dec. 28, 2008