I'm 37 Weeks pregnant & the full moon is on Friday (18th). Some women believe that a full moon can throw you into labor, especially if you are progressing any. If you have heard or have delivered on a full moon- noticed anything different - please let me know!

I'm dialated to a full 1 & 50% affaced

37 weeks pregnant

mommytoshelby1

Asked by mommytoshelby1 at 9:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am also 37 weeks pregnant and I also heard about the full moon putting on labor I also want to know about this to.
    MommyG203

Answer by MommyG203 at 9:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I had a schedule induction due to health reasons on the day of a full moon. They ringed a little chime every time a baby was born, it was going off all day and night. They had to open up the surgery rooms just to deliver babies and everything. It was crazy. So I believe it. I am glad I had a schedule induction cause I don't think I would have gotten a room otherwise ;-D!
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 10:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I will be 38 weeks this Wednesday. At 37 weeks I was 80% thinned and 1 and a half cm. My mom thinks I will go on the 18th because of the full moon, and my grandma and sister made it to the full moon and said if you make it to the full moon you will have the baby shortly after.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:03 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• imo, it's pretty much like any other natural induction or old wives tale...nothing is going to happen if your body isn't ready yet. I've asked several midwives and my good friend who is an OB and she said they do have an increase in activity in the L&D but many of them are false labors. There are those who are in real labor too but generally their body was ready to go already.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 11:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• The moon changes the barometric pressure in water due to its gravitational pull. Just as the moon has an effect on the waters on earth which makes it responsible for the tide coming in (high tide) and the tide going out (low tide), it too has an effect on humans, as humans are 75% water.

The crime rate is usually higher during a full moon, domestic fights are in greater number, just as women seem to go into labor during the full moon.

The gravitational pull from the moon changes the barometric pressure in the woman's water sac and this change in pressure usually causes it to rupture which result in the women going into labor or the doctor having to induce labor due to the leakage.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• A nurse said that births are alot more frequent inbetween the full moon and first moon, so I believe it does have an affect.
    Anonymous

• i am a nurse and I know that it doesnt effect it at all but if you are nearly fully effaced then you will go soon just keep walking and God Bless...
    wondermommy5

Answer by wondermommy5 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2008