what is the best home made fried chicken recipe you've ever tasted?

mamajody0507

Asked by mamajody0507 at 8:25 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Food & Drink

• That would be my grandmothers recipe. First she washed the pieces. Then soaks then in Buttermilk for several hours turning them about once an hour. Then she dredges them in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Only cook it in cast iron. Make sure your fat is hot, but not smoking. When you first put it in the oil pieces must not touch and you don't touch or lift it for at least 5 minutes. Then if it is golden brown you can turn..total 10-20 mins depending on the size of the pieces. Frieds chicken was always served with biscuits and gravy ands green beans.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My husband makes the best fried chicken I have ever eaten. Well, next to my mothers and grandmothers. But don't tell him that.
    DebbieJ1951

Answer by DebbieJ1951 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• lol I love my chicken not to brag but I do lol

sunkist78

Answer by sunkist78 at 8:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• alton browns. Not surprising for me since I love his methods.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would have thought the reply above from "green eyed grandma" was from MY grandma, except my grandma has blue eyes, LOL. She pretty much replied all I was going to say, down to the recipe and sides and everything!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 11:03 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• THE BEST FRAHD CHEEKIN REC'PE AH EVAH HAD WUZ MAH GREAT UNCLES GRANMA'S CHEEKIN.. MMMWOOO WEE COULD SHE COOK A CHEEKIN BOY MMMMGOOD SHIT AH TELL YOUUUUU
    Anonymous