Help me grow up or teach me new things please dont be rude...

im 20 years old married with one child.......im still a child myself....i know that might have been coming for someone.....anyway i am very mature for my age ive been told many times...i dont go out and party or anything like that i don't even drink..but i act childish at times...i ask dh why did he do this or that and get upset at dumb things like dh not sitting by me in a meeting (we work together in different stores one is his one is mine) just dumb little things how do i get out of this? im sure its normal for my age but i dont like it an its hard for me to control at times....and when i get upset i get very quiet i dont argue or yell or anything but when dh sees im upset and its a dumb reason he get even more upset......and it happens quite often.. what can help me grow up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Well for one thing it is really important that you voice your dislikes as well as your likes, there is no need to yell to argue, just get your point across. You would be surprised on how much better you will feel when you voice what ails you.

Answer by older at 12:26 PM on Aug. 23, 2011

• The fact that you recognize you have a problem is the biggest step in changing. Remember, too, that you can control what you say and how you act. Even though you have a tendency to react or respond in a certain way, you have the option of choosing some other way. I sometimes role play in my mind certain situations that seem to always cause me trouble. I can then see myself responding in some ways that would be out of character for me. Sometimes, I have started with simply admitting to my husband that I am upset right now so if I act a little strange, try to understand that I really am working on processing my hurt, anger or whatever I am feeling at the moment. You can be honest without being ugly, and that's a good place to start.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:28 PM on Aug. 23, 2011

• You need to learn to communicate and get your self esteem up
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 1:29 PM on Aug. 23, 2011

• i went thru a phase like this in my early 20's also..everyone grows out of it..except where you are quiet about it i was the one yelling and screaming and throwing things an ex would be my dh was going to be late for dinner and he wouldnt call and i would be fuming when he would get home lol...i will tell you girl dont stress the little things in life bc it is so not worth your bp going up..life is tooo dang short to worry
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:53 PM on Aug. 23, 2011