Is shortness of breath normal during pregnancy?

It's probably not normal but... does anyone have an idea of what it could be? I've never felt like this before I became pregnant. My heart also feels fluttery- especially when I lay down... its making me nervous.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's totally normal to be short of breath sometimes. I was having the same issue when I was about 5 weeks along. Go to BabyCenter.com. I have their book and it's AMAZING!! As for your heart getting fluttery, I would keep a real close eye on that and get to your doctor if you start to have pain with it. Best of luck to you.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 9:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It happens...with my daughter she was up high and most of the pregnancy she caused me to feel congested all the time, and it was her putting her legs up into the diaphram. babys love bladders, diaphrem and pcytic nerves.
    Anonymous

• I had it through my whole 2nd pregnancy, and it was stress, and It sucked out the ass.
    krcute2007

Answer by krcute2007 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• This happened to me during my last pregnancy. I was getting so panicky, and I called a nurse and she acted like it was no big deal at all. It doesn't hurt to call, though, if you are worried.
    Cadreysmom

Answer by Cadreysmom at 9:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• yes, i had shortness of breath early on as well, there are so many weird things that you go thru that are all normal. good luck
    georgesmommy31

Answer by georgesmommy31 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• It is normal. As the baby grows, your organs are literally moved aside to make room for baby. You don't have as much lung capacity so you will start to feel shortness of breath. If you are really concerned, talk to your doctor but I think it is pretty normal.

http://1sttimeparents-whatdowedonow.blogspot.com
    NoJo

Answer by NoJo at 9:29 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• yes I had exactly that. It went away after 3 weeks or so. I actually went to a cardiolgist, he made me wear a 24 hour monitor. I did. All was fine. It's the estrogen and all that extra blood. DOn't worry. It's OK.
    katiafields

Answer by katiafields at 12:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2008