Do or can Braxton Hicks contractions hurt?

I don't remember them ever hurting before. They aren't bad enough to do anything about but, they are bad enough to make me want to sit down or change positions. Everything I have read said they shouldn't hurt, but have you had braxton hicks be slightly painful for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yes they can. My mil is a nurse and she told me with 2nd 3rd etc. pregnancies bh's can be more intense. She told me the best way to figure out if they are bh or the real thing is to drink some water and lay on your side,if they go away after a couple of minutes bh, if not real contractions. Some of the ones I have been getting have been really painful.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 8:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Mine were very uncomfortable...I guess you could say it was painful, but on a scale of 1 to 10, it was only about a 1 or 2. It varies from woman to woman I think. If you don't have a high pain threshold (I don't) then they may be painful. Just keep an eye on them. How far along are you? If you start to see a pattern definitely call your doctor.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 8:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I'm 6 months. I'm almost positive they are BH. They do go away and they aren't that bad but definitely noticeable and irritating.

Thanks for answering. It's been bugging me to know but not enough to ask the doctor about
    Anonymous