Why do some moms feel like they are better moms than others?

I don't care if you breast feed, or you don't. As long as you take care of your child and he gets fed, thats the main thing. Does it make you a better mom if you BF? Absolutely not. I had one that I BF and one that I didn't. They are grown now, can I tell a difference? Absolutely not. Could I pick out a homeschooled adult child over a publicly educationed adult child? Absolutely not. Does it matter if you are a smoker or not? Absolutely not... provided you don't smoke around the child. Anyone can be a mom. It would surprise you who is a good mom and who is not. People with money do not equal good moms. Good looking people do not equal good moms. BF moms do not equal good moms. The important thing is don't post a question if you are going to get all bent out of shape on the answers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Because they urinate liquid gold and their bones are made of diamonds!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• amen
    Anonymous

• I hear that. Don't ever make assumptions about another mom that you don't know. We are all entitled to do things differently that does not make one a better mom than others.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:16 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Amen!!!
    amanda2780

Answer by amanda2780 at 9:22 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• SS's mom BF him for a long time. She also takes him late to school on a regular basis, neglects his homework, has teased him in the past for wetting the bed, forgot to pick him up from school a couple months past and had a girl's night instead, and other self centered loser things that prove that breastfeeding doesn't mean you are a good mother. I have to add that I am a die hard breastfeeding supporter.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 9:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I must agree.... as mom's we ALL make mistakes no one is a perfect mother. I personally don't like smoking or being around people WHILE their smoking, but I don't think those mothers are any less of a mom than me! And I breastfeed but I don't think mom's who use formula don't care about their babies.... I think it's just all a matter of how you feel about things and everyone is entitled to their own way! Now if your neglecting your child that's different...
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008