Okay ladies... I need you to settle a debate...

I will keep it short and simple. A friend and I are in a debate over this, figured I would ask you fine women your opinions. We all know having sex too early in a brand new relationship has the potential to sour it. So, if you are looking to build a LTR, what is the appropriate ettiquette? Do you follow the three-date rule? (Is that even still a rule? I haven't dated in YEARS) Or do you hold out - the longer the better... (well maybe not so drastic, but you get my point). Interested in what you all have to say. Where's an impartial guy when you need him? LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd hold out. It gives you a chance to see if a guy is really into you or if he just wants to "hit it and quit it".
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I would say the longer the better. You give a guy what he wants from the beginning and then he'll ditch ya. If he's willing to wait for you then he might be a keeper!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i would out. It gives you a chance to see if a guy is really into you or if he just wants to that a**.i will wait three month. if he don't complain he like you.
    sillynan

Answer by sillynan at 9:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I agree with answers already posted. Wait! Personally, I wish I had waited until I got married now. But I did wait until we said I love you, before my hubby and I had sex, when we were dating.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• i would hold out.oops
    sillynan

• I would say you should wait untill you are ready. I feel like you shouldnt untill you have been seeing him for at least 3 or 4 weeks or so. Good Luck!!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 9:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• I've done it both ways. Had one-night stands years ago, and slept with boyfriends/ dates. Believe it or not, with my hubby, we didn't have sex until our wedding night. Worked out for me, altho my friends couldn't believe it.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• Definintly holding out keeps the flame going strong. Giving it up too easily seems to bring on problems.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 11:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2008

• id wait... wish I had...Fell in love with a man and knew him for a few months and we worked together and after we started sleeping together he lost interest.
    Anonymous

• I cant stand that 3 date rule! what GUY made that up, I had one guy who apparently heard of that but i wasnt ready to put out after three dates, there is no way you can know someone in that short amount of time, im 31 and I have always waited till i felt it was right, even if it takes months, i waited about 3 months with my bf and we have been togehter for 5years and have a son..
    Anonymous