help

ok I don't remember how much you are supposed to add to a underarm thermometer. my dd is 1 0 days old a has a temp that keeps going up and down. Has anyone else had this sorry thank you for your help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say that you need to do a rectal temp b/c it will be more accurate at that age. If you insist on the underarm it is about a degree. If it is over 100.3 with the degree added you need to call her pedi and take her to the ER.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:59 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Is baby not acting right? What are some other reasons why you are taking the temp?

Anonymous

• I agree rectal is the only way to get a accurate temp. When my son was a few days old his underarm temp was really high. I called the doctor on call around 10 at night because I didn't know what to do. He said to take a rectal temp because that's the only way to get an accurate reading. I felt so stupid for not thinking of that. It's not pleasant, but honestly the babies don't even mind.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• add 1 degree for underarm. my sister is a RN and thats what she always told me
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 10:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008