What kind of steam cleaner to buy for a hard wood floors? Also I am concerned about the wetness and heat warping the wood planks. Has that ever happened to anyone?

I have hardwood floors in the bedrooms and linoleum in the kitchen. Both are hard to get clean unless I get on my hands and knees with my vinegar and 3M or Mr. Clean sponge. They are big areas and take forever to clean. I think steam cleaning would be more effective and definitely faster, but worry if it would damage the wood.

Also what brands are out there that are good? I had Shark brand small vacuum and also a Shark iron a few years ago, and they were pretty much junk from day one. So I probably wouldn 't buy a Shark.

momof30379

Asked by momof30379 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I have the Shark Steam mop and love it. I have not tried any of their other products. The first time I used it I was not happy and called the manufacturer. They told me to use it several time because it has to take off all the residue left by floor cleaner. Well I did and LOVE it. The only problem I have is the water tank is too small. I have to refill each room. Also I bought several extra pads and change them every other room. I have dogs...lol. Good luck.

jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 10:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008