Is my toddler sleeping too much?

My toddler will sleep an excess of 14 hours at night. He will then take a 1-3 hour nap in the morning/early afternoon and then take a 2-3 hour nap in the late afternoon. I feel like he is getting too much sleep but I hate to wake him up because then he is grumpy. Anybody else have a toddler who sleeps like this? Any info would help.

LoganElwynsMom

Asked by LoganElwynsMom at 9:28 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Grumpiness is a sure sign of too little sleep... let him sleep as much as he wants. If you are concerned, have his doctor check for any medical problems. Other than that, remember that he is learning a LOT - and everything he learns while awake is processed into long term memory during his sleep. He is also growing a LOT - and growth hormones are only released during sleep.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:01 PM on Dec. 27, 2008