Do you shop...

at any thrift stores, goodwill stores? Why or why not? We always donate so I thought in the past few months just to stop in and check out our local thrift store. Most of the clothes that I have seen are in great shape and look like they were never worn.
Stopped today and bought two winter coats and one spring jacket for next year and paid twenty two bucks and some change. Two of them were name brand. I couldn't believe it so I snatched them up.
Only thing that grossed me out was seeing them selling used bras and underwear.

Christine0813

Asked by Christine0813 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Shopping

• I shop at thrift stores and consignment stores all of the time. You can find some really great stuff in there. I know that some ppl think that it is gross to wear used clothes, but if you think about it all clothes are used. Ppl tried the clothes on before you bought them so we're never getting anything brannd new anyway, lol.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• umm no i don't like to wear something someone has already worn i go for like stuff that i can throw away like when painting and stuff like that
    Anonymous

• I am an avid thrift store, garage sale, clearance, second hand store. If you knew how much money I have made on Ebay with this stuff.. WOW!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 9:46 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I LOVE thrift stores. That's where we get most of our clothing. We're on a TIGHT budget and that's all we can afford. I also hit the other stores when they have a huge sale, like 75% off.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 10:13 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• If I was in a situation where I had to I would. But I still think wearing other peoples clothes is creepy and gross. Ill buy things that are on sale but not used.
    Anonymous

• I go to yard sales mostly since I have been pregnant. There is a very special smell that goes with many thrift stores so I can't handle it right now.

I do a lot of clearance shopping, too.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I do shop at resale shops, Goodwill, etc. There are two resale shops around here that help support a local woman's shelter - it feels good and saves me money! I also buy used kids clothes on eBay - my kids are too hard on stuff and grow too fast to throw money at new clothes. I also shop a lot of clearance for my husband - Kohls clearance is amazing some times when they take 60-80% off and then have a stacking coupon for another 15-30% off. I've gotten some steals.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:22 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• a friend of mine just opened a children's consignment store. I take things there and then use the money I make to shop. I also do that at an adult consigment store. They take household items as well as clothes. When I don't have extra spending money, I go there, pick up my check and usually end up buying something new and using it to pay.

I have gone to Goodwill but being a plus sized lady, I have a hard time finding clothes there. My hubby gets his clothes pretty dirty at work so I will go there to get him jeans, flannel and t-shirts
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 11:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2008