poopie!!! lol

hey I was just wondering if it was normal for a 6 week old to not have a poopie diaper every day. I'm not use to not changing poopie diapers all the time! lol He's on breast milk if that makes a difference and his last poopie diaper was yesterday morning. just wondering if this is normal... and if not what can I do for him

Zacherysmommy08

Asked by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• BF babies can go days without pooping. They digest more of what's in the BM than they would formula; less waste= less poop. My son went over a week without pooping. Enjoy it, it's one of the best perks of breast feeding!

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• It's fine. Babies can go 5 or 6 times a day or once every 5 or 6 days... both are normal. As long as it is easy for the baby (or child) to go - no straining or pain - then it's fine.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• wow really-once a week? I am gonna ask doc that because my leleche nurse said if he isn't having 2-4 per week that something may be needed in my brest milk? ty for the post.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:35 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My DS poops once every 2 days, I wish he would poop every day then there wouldnt be such a huge mess!! As long as hes still eating and has wet diapers hes good.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• i had that same worry lol, my doctor told me that its normal for a baby to go maybe every 3 days im not sure with breastfed babies, but i know thats how it is for formula fed babies, as long as your changing a few wet diapers every day your in the clear :D
    x_tinky_x

Answer by x_tinky_x at 11:43 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• My daughter didn't always go poopi when she was 6 weeks old..But i'm not a doctor myself..If you're really woried talk to his doctor about it at his next well baby check-up. Of course my daughter is now 6 months old and it is ok for her to not go poop everytime...
    babylover08417

Answer by babylover08417 at 6:09 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My breastfed baby would go a week without pooping... I was worried, but the doctor said it was normal. Now at 5 months he goes about every 4-5 days.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:10 AM on Dec. 28, 2008