use of the word ignorant

I often see other moms calling each other ignorant for asking questions that they just don't want to hear/read being asked. I have been called ignorant for asking a question that simply rubbed some the wrong way. LOL Seriously though, do people get the definition of the word ignorant? Hello, if you are asking a question there is implied ignorance on the subject. Why hate the person asking and respond with a juvenile answer. Ignorant doesn't mean stupid or unintelligent. But, maybe the name callers don't realize this? BTW it means uninformed, unaware, lacking knowledge in a given area....

It really isn't the insult that most people think it is. You can escape ignorance. You cannot escape a low IQ. I may be ignorant about somethings but I have a fairly decent IQ of 140....

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 9:58 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It's one of those words that seems to be changing over time. Another is bogus- which means a sham and is often used to mean bad.

Answer by Bmat at 10:04 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Maybe some people mean it in that form and you are misunderstanding. Maybe they are not insulting you the way you think they are. Maybe they seriously believe you are uninformed and lacking knowledge to the subject in which you are speaking, as I do!
    Anonymous

• Those people are ignorant, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Maybe they seriously believe you are uninformed and lacking knowledge to the subject in which you are speaking, as I do!

Yes, I am ignorant to the ways that people use this word around here. LOL Didn't I say that asking the question is implying ignorance?

It is often hard to misunderstand things like that though when they are followed by violent threats and caps that denote yelling.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 10:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I believe people who answer posts like this anon r apparently ignorant-lacking in the knowledge of wether or not they have a back bone to back up their snotty comments. I thought this post was much needed ty. sincerely from 140 to another.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The English language is being mutilated. I am know uptight, professor type. I just wonder how we will communicate in the future when world evolve like the first poster said. She is absolutely correct. How about the whole "What up, Baby Daddy?"
    Anonymous

• I mean I am NO...hee hee.
    Anonymous