are there any moms suffering from endometriosis?

Im 28 and i have a decision to make should i get surgery or take LUPRON??

amyc28

Asked by amyc28 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2008 in Health

• I HAD it, but had an Ablation to remove the lining of my uterus. I no longer have a period, but I still have all my parts.  I am long past having kids.  It depends on if your endo is outside your uterus or contained within. Talk with your OBGYN.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• YOU BRING UP A VERY IMPORTANT TOPIC THAT I PERSONALLY FEEL ALOT OF WOMEN ARE UNAWARE OF ( WELL AT LEAST THATS HOW IT WAS FOR ME)ABOUT A MONTH AGO I WAS HAVING HORRIBLE CRANP IN MY LOWER ABDOMOM OF APROXI. 3 DAYS AND FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS I HAVE HAVE PAINFUL SEX AND OFTEN WOULD URINATE ON MY PARTNER DURING SEX. I DID SOME RESEARCH ON IT...WHEN I READ THE FIRST COUPLE OF PARAGRAPHS I STARTED TO FEEL WEEK STRESSED SCARED I FELT LIKE 20 DIFFERENT EMOTIONS AT ONCE I ALSO BLAMED MYSELF THINKING I COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING TO TRIGGER THIS. I COULD NOT GET MY SELF TO READ ON I SUPPOSE IT HIT CLOSE TO HOME.I HAVENT HAD ANY URINEATION DURING SEX EPASODE RECENTLY AND THE PAIN HASNOT RETURNED DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE SYMTOMS? IS THIS CUREABLE? IS HAVING THIS PROBLEM AS BAD AS I FEEL IT IS?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My mother has it. She has been having the surgery every year since I was about 6 or 7. Because it keeps comming back and she doesn't want to give up the chance to have more children. So they just go in and clean it out. I don't know all the ins and outs but something like that is always an option if you don't want to give up the chance for more kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:51 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I faced the same decision and chose neither. Lupron (bad for you) and surgery (yucky bruises and scars even from laparoscopic surgery, and no guarantee it would work at all). There are two more options. If you are planning to have a baby some day soon your endometriosis is likely to clear up on its own (there are no hormones to stimulate the bleeding tissues when you are pregnant or breast feeding, and the tissues dissolve). Alternatively if you just go on a pill, the periods will be lighter and there'll be little or no pain at all. Best of luck!
    katiafields

Answer by katiafields at 12:46 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I do and I belong to a group of other sufferers. Join us:
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/Endometriosis
    Zaneysmom

Answer by Zaneysmom at 3:26 PM on Feb. 3, 2009