At what should you stop the morning naps and just do one long one?

My daughter is 18months old she goes to bed at7:45pm she will sleep till 8:00am.She is than ready for her morning nap at 10:00am she sleeps till 11:45am.She is than ready for her afternoon nap at 2:00pm she sleeps till 5:00pm and is back in bed at 7:45pm.There is no keeping her up she will cry at the steps and ask to go nighty nighty till I put her up.She sleeps so I dont know if I should try to cut out the morning nap or not?{My other girls did not sleep like this}

times3mom

Asked by times3mom at 10:12 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say if she is still sleeping through the night and isn't giving you any trouble going down to bed then just leave it alone. She will let you know when she has been sleeping too much throughout the day.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• r u crazy lol? let her sleep as much as she wants, she is growing so fast at tht age. my best friends 2 yr old sleeps like your dd, my son on he other hand stopped napping at all at about 15 months.u r lucky mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:27 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• She still needs the sleep. There is no exact age when kids drop to one nap... most do so by 18 months but only "most", not "all".
    Keep letting her sleep as she wants. Just wait until she starts refusing one of the naps, then work on dropping the morning one.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I would not do anything, if she sleeps throught the night you are a very lucky woman. enjoy yourself during the naps.
    combster

Answer by combster at 11:09 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Cherish the naps while you can get them!!! As long as she is healthy, I wouldnt worry.....
    Tricia19

Answer by Tricia19 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 27, 2008