What can this be? Should i get it checked?Warning TMI

Ok first off i know i dont have an std cause i have been tested, and it is not an ingrown hair or infected hair. I have a lump on the inside of my vaginal lip. It hurts really bad, and it is about the size of a persons thumbnail and sticks up about half an inch. Could it be a spider bite, or do you have any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Health

• It IS terribly embarrassing but it's happened to other people whether they're brave enough to admit it or not! I was so embarrassed for the longest time but there's really nothing you can do about it. It's not like you're dirty or gross. It just happens.

I'd just make an appt to have it looked at. Could just be nothing, but it will put your mind at ease!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:31 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I have no idea what it is, but I have had it before. I put some ice on it a couple times throughout the day and some hydrocortizone cream and it was gone within a week or two. If it is really bothering you though go get it checked out.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Sounds like it could be a cyst. I've had them in that area but in a more sensitive place down there, lol. I'd make an appt to go to the gyno. They can check it and if it's needed, they can lance it.

Cysts can appear anywhere and there's nothing you can do to prevent them.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Could be a cyst? I remember having something like that a few years ago. It went away pretty quickly.
    Anonymous

• A cyst or a boil- some underlying health conditions can cause them so get it checked. u may just ned an antibiotic.I have gotten them because of high blood sugars.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:21 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• See it was not there yesterday, and i had an itch and ran my hand across it and that is how i found it, but yesterday there was nothing there.
    Anonymous

• It said those are aroung the opening, mine is on my lip so could it be the same thing? God this is embarrassing.
    Anonymous

• Ok i will go into a little more detail. It is really hard, like rock hard, and i can put my fingers around it and roll it between my fingers. It honestly feels like a marble. It does not feel like any fluid is in it.
    Anonymous

• Is it really painful? Cysts can be gaseous, liquid, or semisolid filled.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• I had a cyst there and it was from a clogged duct... It only hurt really during sex. I cant remember the name of the cyst, but it started with a G.... I had to have it lanced and a drain put in. It hurt for a few days, but hasn't been a problem since.
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 10:42 PM on Dec. 27, 2008