Will you be drinking alcohol this New Year's Eve? Where will the kids be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Holidays

• Nope, don't like alcohol and don't like New Year's Eve.
    Anonymous

• Yes we already have a bottle of Door County Wine (CranBerry) YUMI! The kiddies will be home with us! I think we are just going to get a good steak and hang at home. That is what we usually do!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• nope. my child will be in my belly still lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:47 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• Nope--seen enough destruction of what alcohol does to families. And I would not want my kids growing up thinking that is what "adults" do to have fun. As my oldest son has found out at 21--he has a lot more fun and is a lot funner when he doesn't drink......
    The saddest thing is a child eagerly awaiting the time they are "old enough" to drink like his parents.... And I have seen enough of that to last me a lifetime.......been there, done that----life sober is much better. And I am not saying everyone abuses alcohol but it does set a poor example.
    Anonymous

• Don't Drink but the kids will be with my parents. They always have a big New's Eve Party and do the fireworks thingy and BBQ.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 1:35 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My kids will be at home with us... We always have something at the house with a few friends over and we usually have a glass of wine.. I really don't see a problem with my kids being there because they know its not something that we always do anyway...
    jtklreese

Answer by jtklreese at 2:25 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• We don't drink.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:27 AM on Dec. 28, 2008

• We always have a great dinner (me, dh and my boys) where each has their most fave food, and then we have an extended family game night, boys chose game. When the kids are in bed which is about nine o'clock because my boys don't ever make it past that time w/o crashing, dh and I listen to our favorite music, enjoy some margaritas or whatever dh feels like making and ring in the New Year snuggling on our couch.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 3:25 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Yes we sure will. My parent's are coming to stay with our children we are going out of town for New Year's because we have never had a New Year's by ourselves.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 5:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I'm staying home this year,the hubby likes to go with his family and friends to a shop but they drink and smoke me out,I cant stand that,si I will definitly be staying home and maybe have a bbq,plus it will be my nieces 15th birthday! She's a new years baby.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:02 PM on Dec. 28, 2008