Transitioning 13mo to one nap/day. Can I have help with his meal/nap schedule?

He's used to napping after a bottle and gets rocked or patted to sleep. He wakes around 7am and has breakfast at 8am. If I give him lunch at 11am, then could I put him down for a nap at noon with a bottle? I just wonder if he'll be too full to take a bottle then. I'm interested in other babies' schedules around my son's age. TIA!

shinbi

Asked by shinbi at 10:26 PM on Dec. 27, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That would most likely still work. My son just wouldn't drink all of his bottle but it did help him fall a sleep. He usually won't eat until 9:00 or so in the morning and will take a nap between 12:00 and 1:00. You may have to sooth him another way for nap time when he quits taking the bottle. I use music and rocking mine but he is two now but takes one usually good two hour nap a day. I think he was still taking two naps a day at 13mths and then dropped the morning one soon after. Good luck!!
    Josie395

Answer by Josie395 at 10:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• my son transitioned to one nap around that age too. i was also worried he wouldn't take his bottle (therefore not take a nap) because he would be too full from lunch. there was no trouble at all. just put a little less milk in the bottle. he is 20 months now, and still gets a warm sippy of milk after lunch before his nap.
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 27, 2008

• The schedules for my sons was pretty much all the same....

7am...breakfast (breakfast foods and milk in a straw cup)

About 9:30ish....snack (bagel, fruit bar or something with juice/water mixed in a straw cup)

11:30 or noonish....lunch (lunch foods with milk in a straw cup)

1pm (ish)....nap until about 3

3pm (ish)...snack (food and juice/water mixed in a straw cup)

5pm (ish)...supper (whatever I cooked for all of us...milk in a straw cup)

6:30 (ish)...bedtime snack (little bit of food, milk in a straw cup)

8pm (ish)...brush teeth, and to bed

They received no more than 24oz of milk per day...and no more than 8oz total of the juice/water mix. They received water any time of day they wanted something more to drink. (we had ditched the bottle at 6 months when they went on a sippy cup, and at a year we switched them to the straw cups)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:16 AM on Dec. 28, 2008